Saturday 3 December 2016

I DID NOT MOVE TO CHINA BECAUSE OF MONEY





Former Chelsea midfielder Remires has insisted he did not  leave the London club to China for money.

The South American stated his transfer was based on a long term project, stating that considering his age, an opportunity like that may never come again. The Brazilian also said lack of playing time at Chelsea also made him to accept the move.

“I see a lot of people saying that I came to
China just for the money, but that’s not true.
Jiangsu introduced me to a long-term project
where I would be a key player, they offered me
everything I could think of and more, and I
decided together with my agent and family that this would be the best decision.” Ramires told Goal.com.

“The money issue weighed on the decision, I put it on the scale that I am already 29 years old and that an irrefutable opportunity like this may never come again. But the way things were happening at Chelsea was the main reason.”

Remires has played 38 games for his club Jiangsu, who ended as runners-up in the Chinese super league last season.